I'm developing a solution to test PHP and related technology skills. I would like to use your solution as a comparison to ensure that the solution is up to scratch with best practices.
Write a PHP web service that will do data retrieval and processing (to and from a MySQL DB that will hold all data required to be stored). Ajax to be used from a browser to call the web services. Build a web application that will consume the services and present the user with a functional user experience.
PHP framework of your choice (3rd party PHP frameworks and libraries).
Design paterns and best practices
API (services) design
Installation instructions for application (README), to deploy the code on a local machine
A "pretty" UI is not required.
No registration or authentication is required.
- Page should display available currencies for selection
- Inputs to enter the amount of the currency wish to be purchased OR
Inputs to enter the amount of USD currency you wish to pay (the user must be able to choose their preferred method of calculation)
- Once either amount has been entered and currency selected the amount is USD will be displayed
- The user can then select to "purchase" the currency. An "order" for the currency must then be saved to the DB, with a confirmation displayed
- Payment currency: USD
- Currencies that can be purchased: South African Rand (ZAR), British Pound (GBP), Euro (EUR), Kenyan Shilling (KES)
- Use exchange rates: USD to ZAR (13.3054), USD to GBP (0.651178), USD to EUR (0.884872), USD to KES (103.860)
- A surcharge must be added to orders: ZAR (7.5%), GBP (5%), EUR (5%), KES (2.5%)
- An order saved must contain the following:
Foreign currency purchased, Exchange rate for foreign currency, Surcharge percentage, Amount of foreign currency purchased, amount paid in USD, amount of surcharge, date created.
- Extra actions for an order: ZAR (none), GBP (send an email with the order details (basic text or html) to any configurable email address), EUR (apply a 2% discount on the total order, this must be configurable for the currency and saved seperately on an order, this must not be included in the initial currency calculation), KES (none)
7 freelancers are bidding on average R1161 for this job
Hello Thank you for the opportunity. As per your requirement we would like to tell you that we have strong experience in the field of design and development.
Let’s chat and discuss about price and work. 12 years experience in same filed you will get 100% correct work. No need to pay upfront money first check work quality and if you satisfied then pay.