We are preparing a specification for a system that uses Word as its user interface. This will be a long term group of projects for the right developer.
We have a number of complex functions to be written. They are:
[url removed, login to view] design and coding of a macro to fetch and use data from a set of mail merge variables that are generated by third party applications.
2. The design and coding of a function to control and view the output of a scanner. Including the sourcing and integration of a basic component to drive the scanner (Scan) from Word to create a folder or file containing multiple documents.
3. The design and coding of a component to automatically convert word documents to JPEGS.
4. The design and coding of an easy to use form control to create the structure and content of a document.
5. The design and coding of a function to browse a folder tree on a server and download JPEG documents to be viewed in Word.
6. Ongoing support
Whats going on here you might ask yourself!!! All will become clear if you identify yourself as a real expert in Word Automation.
The purpose of this bid request is to identify a developer or group of developers with the right experience that we can give the work to. We will conduct a short discussion with each coder to establish your suitability and availability. If you are approved then we will forward you the specifications/requirements to enable you to prepare a cost/time estimate for each project. If your estimate meets our budget/timescale requirements then we will give you the work.
It would be really helpful if you could give us specific examples that are relevant to our requirements including length of project.
I look forward to your response.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows various versions.