Design a logo and brand identity for a French photographer
- Status: Closed
- Prize: €140
- Entries Received: 37
- Winner: suyogapurwana
Hello everybody. I couldn't find designers who understand my needs on upwork so I'm coming here to organize a contest, I admit I’m very picky ;-)
For this contest you must have great experience and knowledge about logo design and be comfortable with brand identity.
If you speak French and know the French culture it will help you.
YOU CAN SUBMIT SKETCHES and even hand drawings to save your time, and only work on a pixel perfect logo after I select you as the winner.
# I will request the following materials at the end of the contract:
• a stylized text of my brand name and a 'no text' logo, both being able to work together and separately
• a black and white and a color version of the logo, in vectorial format and high definition PNG
• a favicon version of the color version
• a brand identity consisting of fonts and sets of colors that can be applied to websites, business cards etc
• permission to copyright the materials as property of my company
• I do not request a subtitle/tagline into the design, but as there will be one in reality, you can used instead of "photography" which by the way is in English: "Photographe Portraitiste" or "Donner du sens aux images" or "Des photos pas comme les autres".
# I will reject your entry and you will LOSE the contest if you submit material that:
• is an illustration instead of a logo
• does not convey any other meaning than 'photography business'
• is a mere illustration of the brand name (double S, etc)
• has only a camera or aperture/diaphragm as its main idea (like 95% of photography logos)
• is a combination of a camera and a face
# Things you need to know about my company:
• it’s French, new, and owned by me a 35 years old Frenchman who wants to start a new and creative career
• its brand name is 'SimSublime', made from my first name Simon and the French verb to render sublime - the double S makes is visually and phonetically easy to remember: you should make both S stand out in a way or another.
• [login to view URL] [login to view URL] [login to view URL]
• its price tag is middle high
• it insists on the importance of prints and frames versus digital only
• it does portraits and only portraits
• it does classic portraits, fun/original portraits, and large group portraits
• is does NOT pregnancy, babies or weddings
• is uses natural light and exterior location, NEVER a studio
• it tries as much as possible to show not the physical beauty of people but what they have to express, what they have in their stomach
# Things to know about my customers:
• they are French
• they are almost entirely women
• the women are between 15 and 35 years old
• the men are between 20 and 50 years old
• when it comes to branding they prefer logos with a camera icon or a human face instead simple text and abstract or too original characters
# Design technics you are STRONGLY encouraged to use for the logos you will submit:
• originality, fun, humor
• negative space image for subliminal meaning (FEDEX, ED’s Electric)
• multiple meanings of a single icon (Circus of Magazines, Wine Searcher)
• a vertical frame to symbolize the portrait photography
• optical illusion (a second face appears if turned upside down etc)
# Good and bad logo and text ideas (from previous brainstormings) that you can retry:
• flash icon or flash explosion
• devilish character
• face sticking tongue out
• black silhouette, inside a frame at chest level, with arms in Y position expressing emotions
• character with one part ugly/awkward and the other part good looking inside the frame
• normally ugly/awkward character (Frankenstein, Quasimodo) that becomes good looking in from of the camera
• a face half lit half in darkness
• a portrait frame with a head in it, symbolizing a camera and lens
• a photographer holding a frame in one hand and a camera in the other, suddenly appearing and shooting by surprise
Good luck to all participants !
“All good ! ”