A creative video trailer for a book
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $110
- Entries Received: 23
- Winner: MHPBA19990
The goal of this challenging project is to create a 2’ 43” landscape video given 1) a logo and images, Poets short videos and 2) background music 3) Lyric. The deliverable is a video advertisement for a poetry book called "Masnavi Minui" in Persian (مثنوی مینوی), that is about to be published.
Required element on the video ( It doesn't have to be from start to end). Make judgment yourself.
0*. (required) The cue sheet for titles, videos, and images is provided to make your job easier. There are 5 short video files by poet stored in a shared Google Drive folder ( see below). The videos need to be keyed with proper fade in and outs. You may remove the back of the chair!
1. (Required) heart beating on a musical percussion with the instrument Daf as the percussion. Please note that the lyrics talk about blood flow ( red in and blue out) so, we would like to see veins over the Daf connected to the heart and showing the blood flow. You may show a baby's heart as they can see and hear in the womb and our journey starts from there! For grasping the concept of the flow please view: bit.ly/2M66aAr
2. (Required)The mockup music and lyrics (attached, in Persian ) will be provided and they must be shown (good motion graphics) during the video playback. We will take care of the audio part. However, the text on the video should syncs well with the lyrics at the times given. (required, but should be smaller and it shouldn't be the only elements prominent of the frame)
3. (suggested) The poem/lyrics are translated into English if one would like to do motion graphics or add pictures. These additions obviously will be more attractive to us. Please note that the lyrics must be displayed in Persian.
4. (Required) We need a good lead-out that will direct users to visit the website/Instagram/telegram/youtube/Facebook at the end of the video. the website is drsarami.com our logo is attached.
5. (Required) You need to use your own images with the heart and Daf ( if downloaded from the internet, of course, taking care of copyrights or permission from the provider).
6. (Required) You need to use portrait images from the poets in the video here: https://drsarami.com/پرتره/
7*. (Suggested) Note: Rakhsh is the name of the horse of Rostam ( a Persian legendry hero) and the color of Rakhsh is described as "rose leaves that have been scattered upon a saffron ground'. Please use proper footage for this. If you need one, I might share it with you privately.
8. "Masnavi" is a poetry book that will be published by Tarfand Publishing Company with a cover page attached.
9. We just recorded few footages ( along with their timelines) that should be embedded in the video we are cleaning up and will upload them here! These send a more powerful message to the viewer and less challenging to create variation.
10. If you don't have a good Persian font, Please use one of the free fonts in the Google Drive folder:
About the attachments:
0*) Poet's green screen videos: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17X3HTqZAFUvCJoHFdFo7QNnh3YDQjJ4F?usp=sharing
1) Aabi.png -> This is the logo. Doesn't need to be large.
2) dafHeart2.mp4 -> A sample to show the concept of heart drumming on a Daf!
3*) masnavi_teaser_lyrics_latest.pdf/xlsx -> Lyrics (in Persian) their meanings ( updated)
4) Masnavi Arm.mp3 -> Mockup Music
5) heart.gif -> A beating heart. Note that the gif is an animation of 7 images and the music is also 7 beats per measure/bar. I encourage you to use your own .gif.
6) A daf.jpg -> Sample image of Daf percussion!
7) Tarfand Publishing Company Logo.tiff -> logo of the Publisher
8) MM_PoetryBook.jpg -> The Masavi book
9) Persian Font Names with Samples.docx -> Persian fonts and samples
PS. If you work with FCPx and Motion would like to share them, please let us know.
“That was great working with you. I hope to work together again on my next projects.”
csarami, United States.